Back in 2007, while I was finishing up my last semester at NYU: Tisch, I was notified that my short doc, "Unkosher," had been accepted into the First Glance Film Fest in Philadelphia.
It was a pleasant surprise, considering its amateur quality. The doc was the product of a documentary filmmaking course and centered on the main premise of my not being Jewish. In it, I discuss why people often make the assumption of my heritage, what it has to do with my Roman Catholic upbringing, and thus my identity. It was a very personal project, admittedly somewhat selfish. The fact that it was actually being shown to an audience made me both nervous and proud at the same time. So I started a blog to spread the word.
It has since become a platform for my many musings. And not so much about my mistaken identity, but my present one: as a writer, goofball, and hopeless nostalgic.
The Unkosher Girl
Here is a list of my interests in no particular order: writing, film, drawing, art, reading, music, daydreaming, sleeping, museums, historical places, traveling, talking (preferably with people).
Here are some other fun facts:
- I am a certified meat-eater.
- I drink all beverages as if sipping through a straw, even when there isn't one.
- I scribble reminders on the palm of my hand so I don’t forget them AND so they’re only partly visible to others. (This, I feel, is a win-win situation.)
- I am obsessed with miniature things, depictions of food on accessories, and miniature depictions of food. If it smiles and it's edible, I will most likely swoon. And possibly eat it.
- I throw my clothes on the floor when I take them off, and they usually stay there.
- I have a six year old trapped in my twenty-four year old body. True story.
I studied as an undergraduate in Film & TV at New York University: Tisch School of the Arts. Now I'm almost $200,000 in debt! :: gives thumbs up::
I currently produce test commercials for a production house based in NYC. I have also dabbled in animating, modeling, film editing, acting and milking cows. You can see some of my works on my website/shameless plug (.....no footage of milking cows here however, which is unfortunate.)